Sunday, November 22, 2009

Week #2

This week my son started really complaining about discomfort and dryness of his face. He says he tries to put lotion on, but it still hurts to rub. I have noticed some drying around his mouth and a lot more white heads. I do think his week started out on a high note however, because Monday he came home and told me that a boy on the bus said he thought he saw improvement around his eyes. I do notice that his face is a lot less red in between blemishes, so maybe by next week we will really see some positive change.

Unfortunately, by Thursday his week went all to hell when someone on the bus accidentally scratched his cyst on the right side of his face. He came home very upset and it was bleeding pretty bad. This triggered frustration and he asked me what he was going to do if Accutane didn't work for him. I told him it was too early to be thinking about that and to give Accutane at least six weeks before we panic. ??? I really don't know at what point we should know if its working or not...

Also this week my son found that soaking his face in cool water feels good. So every day after school he soaks for a few minutes. I am not sure if that is good for his skin, I will make a note to ask his dermatologist.

My neighbor, who is a nurse, told me the doc she works for is starting a new acne program. She is bringing me the CD infomercial for me to review. She asked the doctor if this program could be used in conjunction with Accutane and he said yes. So as soon as I review the information I will post the name and my thoughts about the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment