

Last week we went in for Acne Surgery. The technician extracted many black heads with an unusual device. Used like a pen this device, from what I understood, had a small needle at the end along with a suction capability. The tech first numbed the face with a topical. We waited about 30 minutes until he was numb. The bottom picture shows us goofing around and laughing at the hair band. That smile was quickly reversed however, when it was time to get busy extracting. I am not sure how much numbing ability the cream had but, I can tell you that he tolerated only a very short time without much pain. After about five minutes he started his usual shaking and moaning. The right side was the worse as you can see from the photo there was a good amount of pressure being placed on those cysts. The ears were the second most tender. Its hard to get in there and both ears have cysts behind them.The next day his face looked really good. The cysts were down and just having all those black dots gone improved his overall look.
The last photo was taken Sunday afternoon. He is making slow improvements. I feel we are doing the proverbial one step forward and two steps back. Today his cysts are swelling again.
We kind of got lax on our hot compresses and aloe over the holidays. It was hard to remember when we were busy entertaining friends and family. Last night, without being told, he did do the warm compresses. So we will get back on track with that because that did help with the dryness for sure.
I pulled an air head moment this week when I forgot about his derm appointment. I saw and actually said out loud the night before "oh tomorrow is your appointment" Well for some reason I found it important to go shopping when I should have been taking him in. I was so upset with myself!! I called immediately to reschedule but, I was told they were book solid all week at both locations. To make a long story short I ended up calling Monday morning and someone did cancel and I grabbed that time slot. Just in time to because he only had four more pills left. Good Grief, I will not do that again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment